Checklist prior to service calls
If you experience a problem with your system, regardless of make, you can always call on Desmair for help and service. For efficient solutions, we recommend you go through this checklist before calling Desmair.
- Know the location of your heating and air conditioning.
- Make some basic checks yourself.
- Check if the air filter is dirty: a dirty filter is a common cause of problems.
- Note down the make, model and serial number of your unit.
- Be prepared to explain the problem or symptoms.
- Figure out when the problem arose.
- Make your system accessible and remove any obstacles to the technician’s access.
- Keep pets in a closed room so they do not disturb the technician or become injured. Make sure that an adult (18 and over) is on hand to receive the technician (according to regulations prescribed by law).
- Be prepared to answer the phone. Several technicians will confirm the appointment before arriving on site.
- If you rent, make sure you get permission from the owner prior to servicing the system.
- If there is ice on your heat pump or air conditioner, turn off the power before the technician arrives so the frost can melt and the unit will be ready for servicing.
- Keep a record of previous service calls for your system ready at hand.
- Be ready to remit payment to the technician.